ISO 20000-1:2011 ITSMF
The ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard in IT Service Management and promotes an integrated approach to deliver effective services to meet business and customer requirements. First published in 2005 the standard was developed from the BSI 15000 standard. ISO 20000 is fully compatible with the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) framework of best practice guidance for ITSM processes and updated in 2011. The ISO 20000 standard can be applied to organizations of any size, and the requirements for best practice service management processes are independent of the service provider’s organizational form. These service management processes deliver the best possible service to meet a customer’s business needs within agreed resource levels i.e. service that is professional, cost-effective and where risks are understood and managed.
The scope includes:-
- Requirements for a management system
- Planning and implementing service management
- Planning and implementing new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes
- Release processes
Benefits of ISO 20000
Implementation of ISO 20000 gives the following benefits and advantages.
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services